The CRUK City of London Centre partners are UCL, Barts/QMUL, King’s Health Partners and the Francis Crick Institute. The CRUK City of London Centre is run by an Executive Board, who determine the strategy and budget allocations across the Centre. The committee is composed of representatives from each partner institution. The day-to-day operations of the Centre are carried out by a management team based in the UCL Cancer Institute.
The shared Major Centre vision is built on the commitment and engagement of the partners, their host Institutions, and the associated NHS Trusts. These are brought together at the highest level through the Major Centre’s Oversight Committee, comprising senior institutional representatives with an independent Chair. The CRUK CoL Centre is funded by Cancer Research UK.
The Executive Board is chaired by the Centre Lead. Its remit is to drive the Centre strategy and to manage resources. Each Institution is represented by two members. The EB will also have an EDI lead and a Patient Advocate, and liaises with the partner Trusts through the AHSCs via established liaison committees.
The CRUK City of London Centre is a Global Centre and this is reflected both in the diversity of our Centre staff and the population we serve through our Academic Health Centres. It is imperative that our research community and our leadership structures reflect this, thereby ensuring inclusivity and the excellence that only diversity can bring. We are currently reviewing our diversity metrics and committees with a view to continuous improvement in EDI.
- Prof Tariq Enver – City of London (CoL) Centre Lead, Director of the UCL Cancer Institute
- Prof Nick Lemoine – Director of Barts Cancer Institute, QMUL
- Prof Tony Ng – CoL Centre Clinical Lead, Joint Head of School of Cancer & Pharmaceutical Sciences, KCL
- Prof Richard Treisman – CoL Centre Core Facilities Lead, Research Director, Francis Crick Institute
- Prof Charles Swanton – CoL Centre Industry Lead, CRUK UCL-Crick Clinical Cancer Medicine Lead, Francis Crick Institute
- Prof Kairbaan Hodivala-Dilke – CoL Centre Theme Lead, Barts Cancer Institute, QMUL
- Prof Karin Straathof – CoL Centre Theme Lead, UCL Great Ormond Street Institute of Child Health
- Dr Mariam Jamal-Hanjani – CoL Centre EDI Lead, UCL Cancer Institute
- Prof Anita Grigoriadis – CoL Centre Discovery Training Lead, KCL
- Prof Gert Attard – CoL Centre Clinical Training Lead, UCL Cancer Institute
- Prof Erik Sahai – CoL Centre Events Lead, Francis Crick Institute
- Dr Sally Leevers – CoL Centre Training Lead, Director of Academic Training, Francis Crick Institute
- Dr Feng Li – CoL Centre Senior Project Manager, UCL Cancer Institute
Leadership for the Centre is provided by the Centre Co-Directors in close collaboration with the Centre Senior Project Manager, Dr Feng Li, who is also responsible for coordinating and implementing Centre activity.
The CRUK CoL Centre’s Core Management team are located in the UCL Cancer Institute in the Paul O’Gorman Building, Room 127.
The Scientific Advisory Board is external to the CRUK CoL Centre and provides advice to the Executive Management Board.
- Professor Anton Berns (Chair) – Former Research Director of the Netherlands Cancer Institute (NKI)
- Dr John Shields – Director at JGSbiopharma Ltd
- Professor Stephanie Combs – Professor and Chair of the Department of Radiation Oncology at the Technical University of Munich (TUM), Germany
- Professor George Iliakis – Head of Experimental Radiation Biology at University Hospital Essen, Germany
- Professor Valerie M. Weaver – Professor & Director, Center for Bioengineering and Tissue Regeneration & Co-Director Bay Area Center for Physical Sciences and Oncology, University of California San Francisco
- Professor Brenda Andrews – Professor of Molecular Genetics and Director of the Donnelly Centre for Cellular and Biomolecular Research at the University of Toronto
- Professor Karen Brown – Professor in Translational Cancer Research, Leicester Cancer Research Centre, University of Leicester
- Professor Pamela Kearns – Professor of Clinical Paediatric Oncology, Institute of Cancer and Genomic Sciences, University of Birmingham and Honorary Consultant in Paediatric Oncology
- Professor Josef Vormoor – Paediatric Oncologist in the Princess Máxima Center, Utrecht, Netherlands
- Dr Anne-Marie Martin – Senior Vice President, Global Head of Experimental Medicine at GlaxoSmithKline
- Rabbi The Baroness Neuberger (Chair)- British member of the House of Lords
- Professor Sir Paul Nurse, Chief Executive and Director of the Francis Crick Institute
- Professor Sir Richard Trembath, Vice-Principal (Health), Executive Director of King’s Health Partners
- Professor David Lomas, Vice Provost (Health,) School of Life & Medical Sciences, UCL
- Professor Sir Mark Caulfield, Professor of Clinical Pharmacology at QMUL and Vice Principal for Health for Queen Mary’s Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry
- Senior CRUK Representative