The CRUK City of London Centre partners are UCL, Barts/QMUL, King’s Health Partners and the Francis Crick Institute. The CRUK City of London Centre is run by an Executive Board, who determine the strategy and budget allocations across the Centre. The committee is composed of representatives from each partner institution. The day-to-day operations of the Centre are carried out by a management team based in the UCL Cancer Institute.
The shared Major Centre vision is built on the commitment and engagement of the partners, their host Institutions, and the associated NHS Trusts. These are brought together at the highest level through the Major Centre’s Oversight Committee, comprising senior institutional representatives with an independent Chair. The CRUK CoL Centre is funded by Cancer Research UK.
The Executive Board is chaired by the Centre Lead. Its remit is to drive the Centre strategy and to manage resources. Each Institution is represented by two members. The EB will also have an EDI lead and a Patient Advocate, and liaises with the partner Trusts through the AHSCs via established liaison committees.
The CRUK City of London Centre is a Global Centre and this is reflected both in the diversity of our Centre staff and the population we serve through our Academic Health Centres. It is imperative that our research community and our leadership structures reflect this, thereby ensuring inclusivity and the excellence that only diversity can bring. We are currently reviewing our diversity metrics and committees with a view to continuous improvement in EDI.
- Professor Sir Keith Peters (Chair), Emeritus Regius Professor of Physic, University of Cambridge
- Professor Sir Paul Nurse, Chief Executive and Director of the Francis Crick Institute
- Professor Sir Richard Trembath, Vice-Principal (Health), Executive Director of King’s Health Partners
- Professor David Lomas, Vice Provost (Health,) School of Life & Medical Sciences, UCL
- Professor Steve Thornton, Vice Principal (Health), Executive Dean of the Barts and the London School of Medicine and Dentistry
- Senior CRUK Representative
The Scientific Advisory Board is external to the CRUK CoL Centre and provides advice to the Executive Management Board.
- Professor Anton Berns (Chair) – Former Research Director of the Netherlands Cancer Institute (NKI)
- Dr John Shields – Director at JGSbiopharma Ltd
- Dr Robert Gillies – Director, Cancer Imaging and Technology Center of Excellence, Moffitt Cancer Centre
- Professor Stephanie Combs – Professor and Chair of the Department of Radiation Oncology at the Technical University of Munich (TUM), Germany
- Professor George Iliakis – Head of Experimental Radiation Biology at University Hospital Essen, Germany
- Professor Alberto Bardelli – Professor of Oncological Sciences at the University of Torino School of Medicine and Director of the Laboratory of Molecular Genetics at the Institute for Cancer Research and Treatment
- Professor Brenda Andrews – Professor of Molecular Genetics and Director of the Donnelly Centre for Cellular and Biomolecular Research at the University of Toronto
- Professor Karen Brown – Professor in Translational Cancer Research, Leicester Cancer Research Centre, University of Leicester
- Professor Pamela Kearns – Professor of Clinical Paediatric Oncology, Institute of Cancer and Genomic Sciences, University of Birmingham and Honorary Consultant in Paediatric Oncology
- Professor Josef Vormoor – Paediatric Oncologist in the Princess Máxima Center, Utrecht, Netherlands
Leadership for the Centre is provided by the Centre Co-Directors in close collaboration with the Centre Senior Project Manager, Dr Cristina Aguilera Xiol, who is also responsible for coordinating and implementing Centre activity.
The CRUK CoL Centre’s Core Management team are located in the UCL Cancer Institute in the Paul O’Gorman Building, Room 127.
Dr Cristina Aguilera Xiol – Senior Project Manager (Strategy and Science) | email@example.com
CoL Centre Coordinator | firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr Iris Lüke, CoL Centre Postgraduate Manager | email@example.com