The CRUK City of London Centre partners are UCL, Barts/QMUL, King’s Health Partners and the Francis Crick Institute. The CRUK City of London Centre is run by an Executive Board, who determine the strategy and budget allocations across the Centre. The committee is composed of representatives from each partner institution. The day-to-day operations of the Centre are carried out by a management team based in the UCL Cancer Institute.
The shared Major Centre vision is built on the commitment and engagement of the partners, their host Institutions, and the associated NHS Trusts. These are brought together at the highest level through the Major Centre’s Oversight Committee, comprising senior institutional representatives with an independent Chair. The CRUK CoL Centre is funded by Cancer Research UK.
(seen above, from left to right)
Professor Nick Lemoine, Director of Barts Cancer Institute
Professor Sir Richard Treisman, Research Director at the Francis Crick Institute
Professor Charles Swanton, CRUK-UCL-Crick Clinical Cancer Medicine Lead
Professor Tony Ng, Head of School, School of Cancer and Pharmaceutical Sciences, King’s College London
Professor Tariq Enver, UCL Cancer Institute Director
- Professor Sir Keith Peters (Chair), Emeritus Regius Professor of Physic, University of Cambridge
- Professor Sir Paul Nurse, Chief Executive and Director of the Francis Crick Institute
- Professor Sir Richard Trembath, Vice-Principal (Health), Executive Director of King’s Health Partners
- Professor David Lomas, Vice Provost (Health,) School of Life & Medical Sciences, UCL
- Professor Steve Thornton, Vice Principal (Health), Executive Dean of the Barts and the London School of Medicine and Dentistry
- Senior CRUK Representative
The Scientific Advisory Board is external to the CRUK CoL Centre and provides advice to the Executive Management Board.
- Professor Anton Berns (Chair) – Former Research Director of the Netherlands Cancer Institute (NKI)
- Dr John Shields – Director at JGSbiopharma Ltd
- Professor Alison Noble – Technikos Professor of Biomedical Engineering and Associate Head of MPLS Division. Institute of Biomedical Engineering, University of Oxford
- Professor Stephanie Combs – Professor and Chair of the Department of Radiation Oncology at the Technical University of Munich (TUM), Germany
- Professor Alberto Bardelli – Professor of Oncological Sciences at the University of Torino School of Medicine and Director of the Laboratory of Molecular Genetics at the Institute for Cancer Research and Treatment (Turin, Italy)
- Professor Brenda Andrews – Professor of Molecular Genetics and Director of the Donnelly Centre for Cellular and Biomolecular Research at the University of Toronto
- Professor Pamela Kearns – Professor of Clinical Paediatric Oncology, Institute of Cancer and Genomic Sciences, University of Birmingham and Honorary Consultant in Paediatric Oncology
- Professor Josef Vormoor – Paediatric Oncologist in the Princess Máxima Center, Utrecht, Netherlands
Leadership for the Centre is provided by the Centre Co-Directors in close collaboration with the Centre Senior Project Manager, Dr Cristina Aguilera Xiol, who is also responsible for coordinating and implementing Centre activity.
The CRUK CoL Centre’s Core Management team are located in the UCL Cancer Institute in the Paul O’Gorman Building, Room 325/26.
Dr Cristina Aguilera Xiol – Senior Project Manager (Strategy and Science) | email@example.com
Emily McLean, CoL Centre Coordinator | firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr Annabelle Scott, CoL Centre Postgraduate Coordinator | email@example.com